The Blue Rose Ball was held October 4, 2008 alongside the mighty Mississippi in the Hilton’s Grand Ballroom. It was not only an elegant evening but also a joyful fundraiser for St. Michael Special School. The organization’s mantra was the focal point of the event:
“If there were such a thing as a Special Blue Rose, with what care it would be nurtured. Our children are that special.” The ball was successful in recognizing the virtuous efforts of the school as they carry out their mission centered on love and learning.
Bob and Brenda Breck were the esteemed chairs of the event. The party was made up of a sizeable committee and enthusiastic supporters of the school indulging in the night of drinks, gourmet eats and “dancing until midnight.” Students from St. Michael helped develop a unique atmosphere with their decorations and crafts. Bobby Cure & The Summertime Blues entertained to the do-gooders’ delight.
With the beginning of a new school year it was a time to look forward and count their past, present, and future blessings.
2. Fred and Suzanne Myers with Rachelle and Norman Albright
3. Very Rev. Neal McDermott, OP with Claire and Joe Bennett
4. Jackie Cutrone and Rodney Santana Villareal
5. John and Cindy Paulin
6. Councilman Thomas Capella with Leslie and Kenny Retiff
7. Co-chairs Brenda and Bob Breck with Pat Friend