NEW ORLEANS (press release) – A few New Orleans bartenders are sharing cocktail recipes in a new Summer Sippin’ in New Orleans series. The bartenders are from popular local restaurants and the cocktails are perfect to make at home.
Bartender: Benton Bourgeois
- Skyliner –
- 1 ½ oz Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka
- 1 oz Grapefruit Juice
- ½ oz Lime Juice
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- ½ oz Campari
- 8 drops of Bitterman’s Hellfire Habanero Bitters
- Club Soda
- Shake and strain vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, simple syrup, Campari and habanero bitters over fresh ice into a 12 oz collins glass
- Top with club soda
- Garnish with lime wheel
Bartender: Joe Tangney
- Some Like It Hot –
- 1 ½ oz Cimarron Tequila
- ½ oz Del Maguey Vida Mezcal
- ½ oz Sangue Morlacco Luxardo Cherry Brandy
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- ¾ oz Mango-Habanero Shru
- Shake and strain all ingredients over fresh ice into a rocks glass
- Garnish with a lime wheel
Hot Tin is located in the Penthouse of the Pontchartrain Hotel at 2031 St Charles Ave in New Orleans.
Bartender: Brian Chambliss
Outlet: Bayou Bar & Jack Rose
- Ruby Slipper
- 1 oz Deep Eddy Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
- ¼ oz Lemon Juice
- ¾ oz Grapefruit Shrub
- Sparkling Wine
- 1 Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Shake and double strain vodka, lemon juice and grapefruit shrub into a champagne flute
- Top with sparkling wine
- Garnish with a dash of angostura bitters
- Endless Summer -el tesoro añejo & reposado tequilas, agavero, coconut,lime, cucumber
- ¾ oz El Tesoro Anejo Tequila
- ¾ oz El Tesoro Reposado Tequila
- ¾ oz Agavero
- ¾ oz Cucumber Lemon Shrub
- ¾ oz Coconut Mixture (50/50 coconut milk and coconut water)
- Place coconut flakes around rim of a rocks glass
- Shake and strain all ingredients over fresh ice into the glass
- Garnish with a cucumber ribbon
Jack Rose is located at the Pontchartrain Hotel, 2031 St Charles Avenue in New Orleans.
Beverage Director: Bryson Downham
- Jungle Spritz –
- 1 oz Pineapple rum
- ¾ oz banana liquer
- ½ oz campari
- Build in wine glass with ice and top with sparkling wine and soda water
- Barbaloma –
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz barbacoa spiced grapefruit syrup(*recipe below)
- ¾ oz lime juice
- 2 dashes saline
- Add all ingredients to mixer and shake
- Strain into a tall Collins glass with ice
- top with a press of soda
- Celery Sucka –
- 1.5 Oz Xicaru Mezcal
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 8 dashes of Celery bitters
- 1/4 oz simple syrup
- Build in a shaker tin, add ice and shake fine strain into a coupe top with a splash of soda water and two shakes of Tajin
- Barbacoa Spiced Grapefruit Syrup
- 5 ea grape fruit
- 1 bottle Goya mojo criollo marinade
- 1 quart sugar
- Peel five large grapefruits, getting minimal pith.
- Cut peeled grapefruit into wedges, around 1 inch thick.
- Cut pith off of outside of wedges.
- Place peels and wheels in medium pot with one whole bottle of Goya mojo criollo marinade.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add 1 quart of sugar and bring toa boil, then lower to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain syrup from solids, save candied grapefruit peels.
Toups’ Meatery is located at 845 North Carrollton Avenue in New Orleans.