NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The Roosevelt New Orleans, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel is pleased to announce it has been chosen as the #1 Best Hotel for the Holidays according to the 2019 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest.
Every holiday season, the hotel invites the public to experience its spectacular holiday Waldorf Wonderland lobby. The block long lobby display expanded this year to feature 20,000 additional lights and nearly double the bows and garlands, bringing the impressive display to include new décor and classic favorites including Christmas trees, winter branches and 2,200 glass ornaments. The 2019 Roosevelt New Orleans’ Waldorf Wonderland features:
- 135,572 twinkling lights
- 3,328 feet of Winter White Branches filled with lighting
- 2,200 ornaments
- 44 fully decorated Christmas tress
- 698 hand tied bows
- 345 red fresh Poinsettias
- 390 yards of gold gilded fabric for tree skirts
- 312 pounds of flocking
Nominees for all categories are chosen by a panel of relevant experts which include a combination of editors from USA TODAY; editors from 10Best.com; relevant expert contributors; and sources for both these media and other Gannett properties. The nomination panel for each award category is displayed on its associated contest page.
The Roosevelt’s gorgeous display tells a spirited story, showcasing the best of New Orleans and the holidays through a classic theme designed to wow crowds each year. A tradition since the 1930s, the scores of festively dressed Christmas trees serve as the perfect family photo-op. The Waldorf Wonderland is free and open to the public starting through New Year’s Day. An estimated 250,000 people walk through the lobby each year to see the lights!
The hotel is also celebrating the holidays:
- At its annual traditional Teddy Bear Tea, which continually tops the list of the best holiday traditions and decorations to experience in New Orleans and the U.S. This popular event delights and excites children of all ages! The family-loved event takes guests on a delightful holiday journey with visits from Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and other special guests. This enchanting holiday tea party presents delicious celebratory food, specialty teas and tasty pastries, as well as sparkling wine and mimosas for adults. Teddy Bear Tea runs Dec. 1 through Dec. 24.
- At its Christmas Day brunch. Join the hotel for brunch, or a special Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Dinner and be surrounded in holiday spirit.Please call 504-335-3129 for brunch reservations and additional information.