New Year’s resolutions are about self-improvement, and your home is merely an extension of yourself.
Whether you’re resolved to (finally) install new countertops, hang up some bright new curtains or finish the paint job in the guest bedroom, make sure to support these fabulous local businesses.
Note: Although our goal is to make this resource directory as comprehensive as possible, we are by no means able to list every vendor. If you know of a retailer or service provider who you think should be added to this list or if you have a correction, please mail it to New Orleans Homes & Lifestyles, 110 Veterans Blvd., Suite 123, Metairie, LA 70005; fax it to 828-1385, Attn: Sarah Ravits; or e-mail it email@example.com.
755 Camp St.
(504) 596-2355www.bellarchitects.comBell Architects specializes in the design of custom homes, apartments, townhomes and condominiums.
Bockman Forbes + Glasgow Architecture and Design
2627 De Soto St.
(504) 942-0200www.studiobfg.comStudio BFG provides high- quality residential and commercial architecture and design. Studio BFG approaches each project with a fresh eye to envision narrative concepts appropriate for today’s lifestyles.
Historic Projects of New Orleans LLC
(504) 756-4181www.architecthistoricprojects.comDesign and renovation services for historic homes.
The Hopkins Co.
3045 Ridgelake Drive., Suite 300,
(504) 838-8700www.hopkinsco.comThe Hopkins Co. specializes in the design of new homes, classic renovations and major additions. The firm
incorporates Southern concepts for gracious living into a variety of architectural styles.
Ledbetter Fullerton Architects
1055 St. Charles Ave., Suite 320
(504) 566-9669www.lfarchitects.comLedbetter Fullerton Architects is a purposely focused architecture and interior design firm that undertakes a diverse
array of project types.
2535 N. Rampart St.
(504) 944-8388www.bayouclosets.comBayou Closets provides custom-designed melamine laminate organizing solutions for pantries, home offices, garages and entertainment centers. With more than 18 years of experience in the industry, they also offer free in-home consultations with a full three-dimensional CAD design provided with
3211 N. Causeway Blvd.,
(504) 828-5705www.californiaclosets.comCalifornia Closets has been serving South Louisiana since 1984, providing custom storage systems for all areas of the house including closets, home offices, garages and utility areas.
Closets by Design
70161 Highway 59,
(985) 871-9187www.closetsbydesign.comClosets by Design is owned by a local family. They design, manufacture and install custom closets, pantries, offices and garage units, providing free estimates and full service. Closets by Design considers it a privilege to rebuild the community.
Couture Closets offers
all-wood custom cabinetry (no particle board). More than 100 stained or paint and glaze finishes. Also available are closet accessories and hardware.
Louisiana Custom Closets
13405 Seymour Meyer Blvd., Suite 24,
(504) 885-3188www.louisianacustomclosets.comLouisiana Custom Closets designs and installs custom shelving for closets, garages and utility rooms. The company’s No. 1 priority is customer service and customer satisfaction, provided by professional and experienced designers, installation crews and office staff. Louisiana Custom Closets offers free in-home consultations, with designs on state-of-the-art computer programs. This service is offered at a most competitive price.
Ruffino Custom Closets
110 Campbell Ave.,
(985) 809-7623www.ruffinocustomclosets.comRuffino Custom Closets is a custom closet and storage solution company. Specializing in organization and design. Complete closet and garage systems.
Custom Home Builders
Azalea Custom Homes
P.O. Box 1861,
(504) 227-8484www.azaleacustomhomes.comBuilder of wood-framed
or insulated concrete homes on slabs, piers
or raised 9 to 10 feet above grade in the greater New Orleans area.
72052 Hickory St.,
(985) 898-2214www.conbeth.comConbeth takes care of residential construction, light commercial and real estate development.
Home Builders Association of New Orleans
2424 N. Arnoult Road,
(504) 837-2700www.home-builders.orgGoals include assisting the residential construction industry to provide decent, affordable shelter for every citizen.
Landis Residential Builders
241 Industrial Ave.,
(504) 833-6070www.landisLLC.comServing the greater New Orleans area with quality residential renovations and new home construction. At Landis, they build their business by building lasting relationships.
Titan Homes by Stephen Fleishmann
4440 Chastant St.,
Residential contractor specializing in complex and unique custom-designed and built homes.
Varuso Homes LLC
651 Perrilloux Road,
Building West St. Tammany’s most affordable quality custom homes.
Decorative Painting by Jeanne Louise
408 S. Pierce St.
Operating a flourishing business for more than 20 years, Jeanne Louise’s work has been featured in Town and Country, Better Homes and Gardens, and New Orleans Magazine. She offers murals, faux finishes, trompe l’oeil, color consultation and gilding.
Furniture Makers/ Woodworkers
Greg Arceneaux Cabinetmakers
703 W. 26th Ave.,
(985) 893-8782www.gregarceneaux.comDesigners and builders of a handcrafted furniture line based on early Creole and Acadian styles, using
18th-century joinery and indigenous materials such as cypress, pecan, mahogany, walnut and cherry.
223 Dauphine St.firstname.lastname@example.orgOriginal design and custom solid wood furniture made exclusively from salvaged old-growth cypress and
3301 Lafitte St.
Strip Ease restores and refinishes architectural items. Check out the selection of doors, mantels, trim and other architectural woodwork at very reasonable prices.
Interior Designers/ Decorators
Ashley Hall Interiors
832 Howard Ave.
Ashley Hall Interiors, ASID, assists clients internationally and throughout the country with older and contemporary furnishings.
3943 Magazine St.
Art and French antique shop with full-service interior design firm to the luxury market.
Curtis Herring Interior Design
1639 S. Jefferson
(504) 866-7377www.curtisherring.comCurtis Herring Interior Design is a full-service interior design firm based
in New Orleans. The firm specializes in upscale residential and corporate design projects.
Design Within Reach
3138 Magazine St.
(504) 891-6520www.dwr.comDesign Within Reach is the source for fully licensed classics. Most of the wide selection of modern design is in stock and ready to ship.
Dunleith Designs & Antiques LLC
1804 Magazine St.
(504) 272-0879www.dunleithdesigns.comSpecializing in American and English antiques, interior design. Also offers custom upholstery.
In Style Interiors
3971 Pontchartrain Drive, Suite 3,
(985) email@example.comA home décor store with a wide variety of furniture, lamps, rugs and accessories. Design services include custom draperies.
Interior Motives Design
4728 Trenton St.,
(504) 889-9677www.interiormotivesdesign.comFull-service design firm helping customers with new construction, renovations or other changes. Offers furniture, flooring, custom window treatments, art, accessories and more.
Interiors & Extras
324 Metairie Road,
(504) 835-9902www.interiorsandextras.comComplete design service –– draperies, furniture, accessories, art, custom silk flowers and trees, lighting, lamps, gifts, wall coverings, flooring, bedding, jewelry, scarves, purses, candles and framing. Gifts for
Kathy Slater Interiors and Antiques
3954 Magazine St.
Complete interior design services, specialty fabrics, lamps, pillows, coffee tables and antiques.
Lee Ali Interiors
1800 Magazine St.
(504) 525-2747www.shopofthetwosisters.comLee Ali is an award-winning licensed interior designer and professional member of the American Society of Interior Designers who has done extensive work throughout the country.
1291 N. Causeway Blvd., Suite 1,
(985) 727-4565www.nancyrobbinsinteriors.comDesign studio that carries furniture, art, accessories, Oriental rugs and lighting in stock and by custom order. Also designs renovations, lighting plans and furniture floor plans.
912 Constantinople St.
(504) 897-2292www.riverbendinteriordesign.comFull-service interior design, space planning, project management, fabrics and color consultations.
Landscape Architects and Landscapers
Anthony’s Landscaping LLC
300 L & A Road,
(504) 834-3094www.anthonys.netArchitectural landscape construction.
The Cracked Pot
19363 W. Airline Highway,
(504) 466-3813www.thecrackedpot.comOffers a variety of pots, shrubs, trees, fountains, birdbaths, sheds, bulk mulch, soil, irrigation systems and landscaping.
Daly Sublette Landscape
2121 Ridgelake Drive,
(504) 832-9775www.dalysublette.comProvides master plan design services that involve a high level of quality and detail. Services include site planning, planting design, swimming pools, fountains, garden architecture, arbors and pergolas, irrigation
and drainage systems
Sustainable landscaping design and service. Organic landscaping practices; rain garden, cistern, bioswale installation; edible landscape and garden installation; native plants, heat- and flood-tolerant species.
2903 Octavia St.
(504) 866-0276www.exteriordesignsbev.comLandscape designs, consultations, property evaluation and problem resolution with experienced crews in construction and landscaping.
Landscape Images Ltd.
655 Central Ave.,
(504) 734-8380www.landscapeimagesltd.comLandscape Images offers a full-service creative source for all your landscaping needs.
20127 Stafford Road,
(985) 249-6137www.paradisepalmslandscaping.comTropical and landscape specialists offering full-scale landscaping, lighting, irrigation and drainage as well as a wide variety of palm trees.
Rene J.L. Fransen Landscape Architect LLC
1234 Esplanade Ave.
Specializes in upscale residential projects including large estates. Provides a complete design package including contract documents for construction of pool houses, drainage plans, swimming pools, supervision of construction and planting design.
Scrappy’s Lawn Care
(330) firstname.lastname@example.orgScrappy’s Lawn Care provides prompt and efficient lawn-cutting services for residences and businesses. Call today for a free consultation, and get your lawn under contract.
Swanson’s Stoneyard – Perfect Ponds and Landscaping
3944 Peters Road,
14203 University Ave.,
(985) 543-0703www.ponds-stone.comStoneyard in Harvey offers construction and maintenance of water features as well as landscaping. Retail outdoor décor, gifts and pond supplies at Hammond location.
Budget Iron Works
2400 Romig Drive,
(504) 481-3805www.budgetironworks.comOffers a wide range of iron services such as custom handrails, custom stair rails, balconies, custom handrails, old New Orleans posts, steel I-beams. Will beat any competitor by at least 10 percent
Homeway Ornamental Metals
5029 Veterans Blvd.,
(504) 888-5334www.homewayusa.comCustom-made and imported iron works of high quality and reasonable prices. Also offers a large selection of handmade imported marble mantels.
Adams Aluminum Pool and Patio Enclosures
68469 James St.,
(985) 626-8813www.adamsaluminum.comAdams Aluminum screen or glass pool enclosures will allow you to fully enjoy your outdoor environment free of mosquitoes, insects
3611 Florida Ave.,
(504) 464-1011www.backyardliving.comBackyard Living designs and installs spas, pools, fountains, waterfalls and outdoor kitchens.
Paradise Pools & Spas
4221 Division St.,
(504) 888-0505www.paradiseswimmingpools.netParadise Pools & Spas is a master pool builder specializing in custom residential and commercial pool construction. The mission is to provide customers with one of the world’s finest pools –– a unique dream pool that customers will be proud of for years to come.
The Spa Shop
629 Lotus Drive N.,
(985) 626-3847www.thespashop.comFeatures home resort products, including grills and outdoor kitchens, spas, saunas, gazebos and above-ground pools –– specializing in Cal Spa.
(504) 525-7377www.925common.com925 Common luxury apartments are in the heart of downtown. Generous spaces, granite countertops, stainless- steel appliances, business and fitness centers, free wireless connection and
in-building valet parking.
Charlotte Dorion with Prudential Gardner Realtors
7934 Maple St.
2006 platinum winner, multimillion dollar producer. Works with real estate in Uptown, Garden District, Lakeview, Lakefront and Old Metairie.
Emerald Forest Condos
350 Emerald Forest Blvd.,
Emerald Forest Condos are located in a desirable spot on the Northshore and are able to withstand winds of 130 mph. Pool and gated community with amenities.
The Esplanade at City Park Apartments
3443 Esplanade Ave.
(504) 822-3353www.liveatesplanade.comOffers luxury apartments in Mid-City at reasonable prices. Staff is on duty
24 hours a day, 7 days a week to make your home comfortable.
#1 Sanctuary Blvd.,
(985) 674-7500www.crosbydevelopment.comLess than 2 miles from the Causeway, Mandeville’s prestigious community is filled with large homes and sits amongst pines, oaks and magnolias.
143 Robert E. Lee Blvd.
(504) 488-4008www.trinityneworleans.comLocally owned boutique-style real estate brokerage offering personable, high-end service to clients willing to buy or sell real estate. Also offers staging or decorating services to sellers wanting to make an impression.
Restoration (Furniture, Surfaces)
Driscoll Antiques & Restoration
8500 Oak St.
(504) email@example.comOffers antique furniture restoration using traditional materials and techniques of the 18th and 19th centuries. Retail shop and design consulting.
Rose Restoration International
(800) 413-9893www.roserestoration.comExpert local craftsmen clean, polish, patch and restore natural stone. Since 1978, they’ve been removing scratches and stains from marble, granite, terrazzo and stone.
A security, sound, automation, camera system, data and fire company that serves residential, commercial, industrial and governmental clients, new and existing, from Louisiana
to Florida. •
Kitchen and Bath
2626 Music St.
Ad Gas is a locally owned and operated company that specializes in the sale and service of outdoor cookers and gaslights.
Artisan Cabinets LLC
3027 Nashville Ave.
Solid wood cabinets for home or business and one-on-one attention for clients. Innovative design services to make the most of your budget.
Artisan Kitchen and Bath
5235 Magazine St.
High-end cabinets and appliances.
1200 W. Causeway Approach,
Offers the finest in kitchen and bath design with prestigious brands such as Habersham, Thermador, Dacor and La Cornue. Services the entire Gulf Coast and Southern Louisiana.
Cabinets by Design
5201 Tchoupitoulas St.
Specializes in cabinetry and kitchen designs that feature Wood-Mode and Brookhaven custom cabinetry. Also offers appliances, countertops, plumbing fixtures and decorative hardware.
The Cabinet Shoppe
2013 Metairie Road
Unique in a world of copies, The Cabinet Shoppe offers the highest quality and beauty in kitchen cabinets.
Campbell Cabinet Co.
220 Hord St.,
4040 Highway 59,
601 Highway 11 N., Picayune, Miss.
Since 1972, Campbell Cabinet Co. has been offering homeowners and contractors the very latest in kitchen and bath products at competitive prices. Campbell’s has grown to one of the largest cabinet distributors in Louisiana by offering kitchen and bath cabinets, countertops, decorative hardware, appliances
Carter’s Appliances & Flooring Company
767 Robert Blvd.,
(985) 643-4551www.carterappliances.comSpecializing in residential and commercial flooring. Carries Jenn-Air and Maytag appliances. Cabinets with custom looks and great prices.
Classic Cupboards Inc.
5809 River Oaks Road S.,
(504) 734-9088www.classiccupboards.comCustom cabinetry designs created specifically for your job by our experienced design team. We feature Downsview, Wood-Mode, Brookhaven and Mouser cabinetry and also specialize in appliances, countertops and backsplashes.
Classic Kitchens Etc. Ltd.
4306 Waverly St.,
Specializing in kitchen and bath cabinetry with added custom design services
Coburn Supply Co.
1849 Commercial Drive,
359 Pontchartrain Drive,
2770 W. Church St.,
Coburn’s is a proud distributor of quality products for the kitchen and bath with more than 43 locations in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Visit one of the showrooms to see how they can help with your new construction project.
Cologne’s Custom Quality Cabinets
405 First St.,
(985) 758-7014www.colognescabinets.comSpecializes in custom cabinetry for kitchens, baths, closets, entertainment centers, mantels, bookcases and more.
Designer Kitchens by Ed
10015 Jefferson Highway,
Specializing in designing and furnishing cabinets for the kitchen, bath and other rooms in a client’s old or new home.
Designer Spas & Bath
3601 Westbank Expressway,
Louisiana’s largest spa dealer, featuring portable, custom and in-ground spas. Large selection also includes swim spas, saunas, steam rooms
Dream Maker Bath & Kitchen
3632 Florida Ave.,
Licensed general contractor specializing in bathroom and kitchen remodeling.
5630 Salmen St.,
Bay 4 & 5,
(800) 881-5901www.elitehomeproducts.comOffers bathroom vanities, faucets, glass vessel sinks, kitchen faucets, stainless- steel sinks and stone sinks.
G.S. Hewitt LLC
622 Napoleon Ave.
(504) 710-7117www.gshewittllc.blogspot.comBathroom design and remodeling is the main focus of this company, though they always enjoy any unique designer or remodeling project.
Home Design Solutions
4600 Highway 22,
(985) 624-7801www.homedesignsolutionsla.comProviding name-brand products for home remodels. Cabinets, countertops, floors, doors, windows, electrical and plumbing fixtures. Also offer faux finishes and painting.
Huey Brown’s Kitchens and Flooring Co. Inc.
5480 Mounes St.,
(504) 736-9001www.hueybrownskitchens.comThe design team at Huey Brown’s Kitchens knows that “people are important.” Offers a wide variety of all-wood cabinetry such as Kabinart and Wellborn. Also carries top-of-the-line appliances, vanities, kitchen sinks and hoods.
3215 28th St.,
Third-generation, family- owned plumbing supply company that’s been serving the metropolitan area since 1973. Specializes in custom shower systems, designer faucets, whirlpools, toilets, lavatory bowls, kitchen sinks, kitchen faucets and more. Come visit the new showroom.
5217 River Road,
A design-to-installation, factory-owned showroom offering stock and semi-custom cabinetry from two of the most experienced companies in the country: Yorktowne Cabinetry and Mastercraft Cabinets.
LCR’s Plumbing Warehouse
2601 L & A Road,
(504) 378-8000www.eplumbingwarehouse.comFamily-owned business
with extensive inventory
415 N. Solomon St.
(504) 486-7218www.mattixcabinets.comMattix offers quality turn-key cabinets, appliances and installation. Unwavering commitment to design expertise and competitive pricing for three generations.
Nordic Kitchens and Baths Inc.
4437 Veterans Blvd.,
(504) 888-2300www.nordickitchens.comAppliances, cabinets, countertops, faucets and fixtures to add a touch of elegance to your kitchen or bathroom. Luxury-brand appliances: Sub-Zero, Wolf, Gaggenau, Siemens, Viking, Miele, Heritage and more.
Southern Bath and Kitchen
4350 Highway 22, Suite K,
Mandevillewww.southernbathandkitchen.comThe Southern Bath and Kitchen designer features faucets, sinks, appliances, cabinets and countertops by innovative manufacturers.
Southland Plumbing Supply
2328 N. Arnoult Road,
68443 Highway 59,
(985) 893-8883www.southlandplumbingsupply.comKitchen and bath design centers with plumbing supplies, including leading brands such as Kohler, Delta, Rheem, Moen, Danze, Elkay and Julien.
Triton Stone Group of New Orleans
6131 River Road,
9434 S. Choctaw,
(225) 303-0578www.tritonstone.comTriton Stone is a wholesale natural stoneyard specializing in granite, marble travertine, onyx and limestone. Also offering Danze faucets, stainless- steel sinks and ToTo toilets.
8500 Oak St.
(504) 866-7088www.saunasteam.comDistributor of sauna and steam products, including custom saunas, infrared saunas and sauna heaters. Custom wine room components for sale to architects, contractors and individual consumers. For residential and commercial projects. •
Albany Woodworks Inc.
30380 Payne Alley,
Floors, doors, beams, cabinets, shutters and more. Features personal service and real wood, from antique heart-pine and cypress to domestic exotics. Guaranteed quality.
2321 Fayette St.,
Kennerwww.directsourceweb.comDirect Source specializes in roofing, vinyl siding, screen and glass enclosures, Bahama and colonial shutters, patios and carports, hurricane and roll-down shutters, seamless gutters, vinyl overhangs and replacement windows.
Hurricane Shutter Co. LLC
11253 Highway 308,
(985) 693-3223www.hurricaneshuttercompany.comSale and installation of storm and security protection. Roll-up, accordion, colonial and Bahama shutters; storm screens; garage door braces; and outside blinds.
Masonry Products Sales Inc.
410 N. Alexander St.
Large selection of new, used and solid paving brick and all masonry materials necessary for installation.
5451 Morrison Road
Riverside Lumber has been owned and operated by the Hayden family since 1920, handling fine woods and moldings that are both wood and synthetic. Services include hardwood flooring and fencing. Riverside has also opened a supply division in handling framing of houses and sheetrock.
South Coast Solar
733 St. Joseph St.
South Coast Solar’s mission is to promote the use of dependable renewable energy by educating clients about world-class solar energy products that provide both economic and environmental benefits.
Green Bean Insulation LLC
2513 Cleveland Ave.
(504) 914-0591www.greenbeaninsulation.comInsulation company specializing in earth-friendly spray-foam and cellulose insulation.
Cable Lock Foundation Repair
3101 LaPlace Lane,
(225) 273-2525www.cablelock-la.comCable Lock Foundation Repair is available throughout the state for repair of foundation problems, leveling, shoring, stabilizing and lifting. Cable Lock uses only the highest-quality materials in its repair plans and offers a transferable warranty, which is good for the lifetime of your home.
Acadian Millwork & Supply Co. Inc.
698 Lafitte St.,
Manufacturer and distributor of stock and custom doors, windows, columns, stairs, shutters and locks. Acadian Millwork is a one-stop provider for both residential and commercial millwork needs.
Door 2 Door LLC
1904 Engineers Road,
Door 2 Door LLC sells doors, windows, mantels, columns, stair parts, lock sets and more and offers free estimates and delivery.
Jefferson Door Co.
1227 First Ave.,
Jefferson Door supplies a full range of millwork products including interior and exterior door units, windows, moldings, columns, cabinets, shutters, hardware and other custom products.
Eco Green Fire
2031 Metairie Road,
(504) 613-0955www.ecogreenfire.comThe revolution of fire –– the solution to all of your fireplace issues. No utility connections or flue needed, burns 100 percent clean, producing 13,000 BTUs.
410 N. Alexander St.
(504) 482-7143www.fostertaylor.comSupply and installation of Lennox/Superior fireplace systems, gas logs and cast-stone mantels.
Acadian Carpet Center
5140 Lapalco Blvd.,
Acadian Factory Direct Flooring
7300 Westbank Expressway,
Retail sales and installation at Lapalco location for all types of floors. Acadian Factory Direct Flooring offers cash-and-carry sales with free delivery for purchases more than $500.
3540 Toulouse St.
(504) 488-1250www.actionflooringandcabinets.comAction Flooring offers all types of flooring, all-wood cabinets and granite countertops, as well as creative backsplashes.
Adda Carpets and Flooring
79448 Highway 21 N.,
3100 Kingman Ave.,
Offers premium flooring at competitive prices. Adda also helps with interior consulting.
Krantz Recovered Woods/Jimmy’s Cypress
530 Coolidge St.,
(504) 838-6852www.krantzrecoveredwoods.com,www.jimmys-cypress.comWe offer new- and old-growth cypress lumber products and longleaf heart-pine flooring products.
United Tile of New Orleans
5600 Jefferson Highway, W-1, Suite 164,
Offers a vast array of in-stock ceramic and porcelain. United Tile also carries natural stone. Installation available. Visit the showroom at 164 Evans Road.
Armstrong’s Supply Co.
4753 River Road,
Since 1924 Armstrong’s Supply Co. has been the source for electrical and lighting solutions. Experienced staff, a wide in-stock selection and competitive prices provide ideal one-stop shopping for your electrical and lighting needs.
Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights
521 Conti St.
(504) 522-9485www.bevolo.comFor 63 years, Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights has been producing copper lanterns. Each light is handcrafted and hand-riveted to ensure beauty and longevity in the most corrosive environments.
The Decorator Shoppe
5029 Veterans Blvd.,
Showroom displays lighting, fans, framed mirrors, lamps and accessories. Expert lighting consultants on hand to assist.
First Light of New Orleans
1020 Distributors Row
A residential and commercial lighting supply company providing high- quality lighting solutions.
8180 Earhart Blvd.
(504) 486 5761www.lightinginconline.comSells light fixtures, lamps, lampshades and accessories for indoor and outdoor areas of residence.
Pine Grove Electrical Supply
50 West Court,
The 8,000-square-foot showroom has lighting, ceiling fans, gas lanterns, lamps, landscape lighting, mirrors, medallions and accessories for all residential and light commercial customers.
Shades of Light
1121 Josephine St.
Unique lamps, lampshades, chandeliers and sconces. Also features other unique antique home furnishings.
2801 Magazine St.
8130 Earhart Blvd.
(504) 861-8179www.helmpaint.comProducts and services regarding expert color matching, faux and decorative painting, wall and window coverings, commercial spray equipment, pressure washers and Benjamin Moore paints and supplies. Located throughout the greater New Orleans area; check Web site for other locations.
Rhino Shield of Louisiana
4636 Sanford, #204,
(504) 889-9650www.rhinoshieldgulfsouth.comRhino Shield Louisiana, the permanent ceramic coating for your home, will eliminate exterior painting, lower energy bills and prevent mold and mildew. Unlimited color choice. 25 years. Transferable warranty.
8135 Earhart Blvd.
5303 Canal Blvd.
4139 Magazine St.
(504) 269-5555www.sherwin.comPaints and decorative products, faux finishes, wall coverings. Multiple locations throughout the area.
5632 Salmen St.,
(504) 734-1315www.stairwayshop.comProviders of stair parts, spiral stairways and stairway kits.
Tile, Marble and Solid Surfaces
Barto Marble Co. Inc.
7021 Airline Drive,
(504) 733-6199www.bartomarble.comLouisiana-licensed cultured marble contractor. Manufactures and installs bath items in hot colors since 1976. “Corara” solid surface for kitchens and baths. Showroom, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.
to 4 p.m.
101 Production Drive, Suite H,
(985) 645-9225www.bella-marble.comManufacturer of custom cultured marble, vanities, showers, bathtubs and whirlpool tubs. Custom granite and solid surface also available.
KMG Marble and Granite
2150 LaPalco Blvd.,
Holds a large selection of tile, marble, countertops, cabinets, carpet, wood flooring and natural quartz surfaces. Best prices, best quality and best service with installation.
2052 Paxton St.,
227 Lee Lane,
(985) 249-6868www.palatialstone.comSpecializes in designing kitchens, baths and interiors with natural stone of all sizes, shapes, patterns and textures.
Signature Granite & Marble
5224 Taravella Road,
Fabrication and installation of granite countertops, baths, showers, tubs, decks, fireplaces, commercial and outside areas. Excellent craftsmanship and customer satisfaction.
Stafford Tile and Stone
5234 Magazine St.
(504) 895-5000www.staffordtile.comSells and designs with custom stone products and handmade tiles from all over the world. Maintains exclusive lines of tile that are unique to this area.
Stone Imports Inc.
(985) 863-8385www.stoneimportsinc.comCarved stone fireplace mantels imported from South America.
United Stone & Tile
164 Evans Road,
Custom stone and granite countertops. •
Antiques and Wholesale Furnishings
3511 River Road,
More than 4,000 square feet filled with quality antiques from around the world. Specializing in direct imports of French and Oriental antique containers arriving monthly.
As You Like It Silver Shop
3033 Magazine St.
(504) 897-6915www.asyoulikeitsilvershop.comOffers a wide variety of hard-to-find American sterling-silver tea services, flatware and trays; Victorian pieces; art nouveau; and art deco pieces.
2109-2111 Magazine St.
(504) 581-3518www.bushantiques.comCharming shop with New Orleans flavor specializing in antique beds; also features religious artifacts, unusual Continental furniture, architectural elements, ironwork and lighting.
3617 Magazine St.
Fine European antiques.
La Jolie Antiques & Interiors
701 Metairie Road, Suite 1B108,
La Jolie is an antique and decorator shop located in the heart of Old Metairie. Melanie and Vicki enjoy sharing their beautiful pieces with their customers.
610 Chartres St.
Lucullus specializes in culinary antiques from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. A variety of glassware, silver, porcelain, antique tables and buffets, art and mirrors.
M.S. Rau Antiques
630 Royal St.
Counted among the premier antique galleries in the country, specializing in rare antiques, important fine art, silver and jewelry. Showroom is 25,000 square feet.
3963 Magazine St.
Antique lighting, architectural artifacts and ornamentation.
Marsh Garden Décor
Business specializing in garden antiques. Marsh stocks garden furniture, statuary, fountains, planters and lighting. Visit Web site to view entire collection.
Neal Auction Co.
4038 Magazine St.
(504) 899-5329www.nealauction.comWhether you’re recycling an heirloom or searching for a signature piece for your home, Neal Auction Co.’s bi-monthly estate auctions are a premier resource.
New Orleans Silversmiths
600 Chartres St.
(504) 522-8333www.neworleanssilversmiths.comAntique and contemporary silver, including candelabra, centerpieces, napkin rings, wine- and cocktail-related items, vintage corkscrews, and wedding and baby gifts as
well as estate and modern jewelry.
2844 Magazine St.
perch. houses an eclectic mix of antique, vintage and contemporary furnishings in a way that is fresh, innovative and chic. Open by appointment on Mondays. Regular hours Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2104 Magazine St.
Antique European furniture, mirrors, lighting, art and other decorative pieces, classically elegant contemporary items, European dinnerware, glassware, linens and unusual gift items.
2103 Magazine St.
(504) 861-7558www.sourcenola.comThe newly opened store offers unique gifts, furnishings and art. Affordable, eclectic and universally appealing, with beautiful items.
1240 Camp St.
1845 A. W. Alabama St.,
(713) 533-9744www.tarashaw.comTara Shaw has successfully imported antiques directly from Europe, selling wholesale to antique dealers and designers nationwide. Style and price set this store apart.
The Watch and Clock Shop
824 Gravier St.
(504) 525-3961www.worldoftime.comNew and antique timepieces of the finest quality. Master watch- and clockmakers restore your original timepieces and jewelry while maintaining their original charm.
Williamson Designs-La Vieille Maison
3646 Magazine St.
This chic Uptown shop features custom upholstery, drapery and bed ensembles, as well as elegant French and European antiques, lovely accessories, lighting and rugs. Custom fine furniture and reproductions are a specialty.
Arthur Roger Gallery
432 Julia St.
730 Tchoupitoulas St.
Contemporary paintings, sculptures and photography by regional, national and international artists.
C. Kittok Art
380 Kathleen Drive,
(985) 386-4750www.ckittokart.comOriginal art and two-dimensional mixed media.
Carol Robinson Gallery
840 Napoleon Ave.
(504) 895-6130www.carolrobinsongallery.comShowcasing mid-career artists in all media with an emphasis on Southern regional artwork. Clay, marble and metal sculptors are highlights of the gallery.
3501 Severn Ave.,
Original art on paper or canvas.
331 Severn Ave.,
A hand-crafted gift gallery: jewelry, trollbeads and home décor.
Jack Smith Studio
8200 Forshey St.
A fine artist whose works are exhibited and sold from his home gallery. Works range from unique dimensional avian paintings to impressionism and realism. By appointment.
Jonathan Ferrara Gallery
400a Julia St.
(504) 522-5471www.jonathanferraragallery.comEstablished in 1998, representing emerging to established artists. Monthly exhibitions feature paintings, works on paper, sculpture, photography and new media.
280 Metairie Road,
332 Julia St.
LeMieux Galleries features the works of Gulf Coast artists and also offers professional custom picture framing.
3818 Magazine St.
Creates and sells the highest-quality functional stoneware with artful creativity.
3823 Magazine St.
Potter Charles Bohn is at work Monday through Saturday. Every piece is made on site. Specializes in stoneware and custom pottery. Shipping available.
400 Julia St.
(504) 569-9501www.sorengallery.comContemporary paintings, sculpture and photography by local, national and international artists.
Teri Galleries Ltd.
3311 Severn Ave.,
(504) 887-8588www.terigalleries.comOffers original oils, sculptures and giclées in styles such as realism, abstract, landscape and figurative. Also provides archival custom framing from art-educated associates.
Fabrics and Upholstery
Fabrics Second to None
2320 N. Causeway Blvd.,
Retail store specializing in drapery and upholstery fabric and accessories. Custom draperies, iron and wood rods also available.
3200 Severn Ave.,
Interior Fabrics is the one-stop source for designer drapery. Upholstery fabric, trims, decorative hardware, wooden tables, headboards and pillow forms — all at outlet prices.
Tuscany Design Center
110 Woodland Highway,
Offers exclusive European fabric and trim, custom cornices, architectural elements and accessories. Restoration and plaster work and custom trumeaus also available. Special consideration to the trade.
Furniture- Indoor and Outdoor
4236 Magazine St.
(504) 897-9499www.bellanola.netBella Nola offers a wide variety of unique home décor, giftware, local art and dazzling lighting. Fleur-de-lis fanatics will take delight in this store.
2127 Magazine St.
Contemporary accent furniture, barstools, lighting and local art. Platform beds and custom area rugs. Off-street parking. Come see
304 E. Boston St.,
Daphne is the Covington home design store, featuring imported Italian furnishings, antiques, Brighton Pavilion collection, chandeliers
120 E. Morris,
318 N. Rampart
(504) 569-0310www.discoveriesfurnitureandfinds.comDirect imports of hand- selected unique finds and pieces, along with exclusive furniture collectibles produced by boutique factories in India and China.
914 Elysian Fields Ave.
(800) 854-6766www.doerrfurniture.comSolid wood furniture for indoor spaces, including bedroom, dining, dinettes and special orders.
8211 Oak St.
Unique home furnishings store offers lighting, accessories, gifts, bedding, upholstery and much more. Design consulting services available.
Erica Larkin Studio
3000 Royal St.
Erica Larkin Studio designs and fabricates custom iron furniture and sculpture for commercial and residential interiors.
602 Metairie Road
637 Royal St.
(504) 524-9067www.fischer-gambino.comLighting, furniture and accessories.
Georgian Furnishings / Berger Home
5400 Jefferson Highway
Georgian Furnishings and Berger Home offer stylish home furnishings and free design advice to choose it. There is an incredible selection of styles and prices.
Hall Piano Co.
901 David Drive,
As Louisiana’s exclusive Steinway dealer, Hall Piano Co. offers more than 120 pianos including grand and upright, Kurzweil keyboards and computerized player systems, along with extraordinary service.
Hugh Martin Home
4222 Magazine St.
A premier destination for gifts, accessories, lighting, furniture and design.
Hurwitz-Mintz Furniture Co.
1751 Airline Drive,
Offers a complete design service, including window treatments and carpet. Offers traditional, transitional and contemporary furnishings, featuring brand names such as Henredon, Century and more.
Inside Design LLC
1623 Metairie Road,
Inside Design LLC is an exciting store that sells lamps, custom furniture, original artwork and one-of-a-kinds, all in 800 square feet.
3814 Magazine St.
(504) 895-5110www.interiordesignsnola.comExquisite collection of lighting and accessories from around the world. LEE Industries authorized dealer of upholstered and slipcovered furniture and exclusive Paris furniture and handbags.
La Perrin Home Furnishings
820 E. Boston St.,
La Perrin has the largest and most exquisite collection of fine furniture on the Northshore. Choose from a variety of furniture collections by Habersham, Marge Carson and Tomlinson. Also carries lamps and accessories for the entire home. La Perrin offers design services to your home.
4244 Highway 22,
3213 17th St.,
(504) 831-3008www.lpianos.comMore than 5,500 square feet of everything piano. New and used pianos. Louisiana’s largest restoration facility with factory-experienced technicians. Piano sheet music, lamps and accessories and digital and piano players available.
The Plant Gallery
9401 Airline Drive
The Plant Gallery offers award-winning landscaping, in-stock fountains and pottery.
4513 Airline Drive,
(504) 455-7100www.scandinaviafurniture.comScandinavia offers a full line of contemporary furniture and accessories for the home and office. More than 33,000 square feet of showroom, located in Metairie at the corner of Clearview Parkway and Airline Drive.
Shop of the Two Sisters
1800 Magazine St.
(504) 525-2747www.shopofthetwosisters.comThis elegant and eclectic shop features fine lighting, original artwork, one-of-a-kind pieces, luxurious upholstery rugs, accessories, gifts, throw pillows, mirrors and select antiques. Full interior design service is also available.
Silk Road Collection
3714 Magazine St.
Silk Road Collection sells authentic antique Asian furniture pieces that provide exciting, unique focal points and decorative accents to their clients’ homes and offices.
Sofas and Chairs
4116 Canal St.
Offers quality upholstery, lamps, mirrors, accessories, antiques and unequaled personal service.
945 Florida St.,
Specializes in the custom design and installation of quality enclosures of all types, from pools to porches, patios, balconies and more.
2930 Magazine St.
(504) 899-2931www.villavici.comEclectic home décor from modern to classic. Choose from furniture, lighting, rugs and decoratives along with original local art. Featuring Mitchell Gold, LEE, Cisco and Verellen upholstery.
3137 Magazine St.
Custom home furniture design for every room so you can turn your house into a home. By Shaun Wilkerson, New Orleans-Houston.
Gifts / Accessories
Accessories in Brass
4537 Magazine St.
Large inventory of solid brass and other finishes in architectural reproduction hardware, bath items, claw-foot tubs, fireplace accessories and mailboxes.
American Aquatic Gardens
621 Elysian Fields
(504) 944-0410www.americanaquaticgardens.comAccents for home and garden, aquatic plants, water lilies, fountains, sculptures and gift shop.
4305 Clearview Parkway,
(504) 887-1990www.armstrongslighting.comArmstrong’s has been lighting New Orleans for more than 80 years. Trained design consultants offer unique solutions for lighting and home decorating along with memorable gift-giving ideas.
Belladonna Day Spa & Retail Therapy
2900 Magazine St.
This award-winning spa also offers a vast array of extraordinary gifts and accessories for the body and home, including an interesting mix of contemporary tableware and glassware.
701 Metairie Road,
A unique gift and home interiors store featuring local art, lamps, furniture, linens, kitchen and bath accessories and much more.
5515 Magazine St.
(504) 891-2424www.hazelnutneworleans.comA destination shop for both natives and visitors, presenting a blend of unique gifts and elegant home accessories, featuring New Orleans Toile and Pontchartrain Beach Fabrics and accessories.
Home and Garden
2033 Highway 190,
Shop Home and Garden for everything you need for entertaining, gifts and furnishings for the home.
Judy at the Rink
2727 Prytania St.
An eclectic fun gift store with great prices. Wedding gifts for $13 and up. Many items can be personalized. Best collection of home accessories.
5530 Magazine St.
Children’s clothing and furnishings and gifts. Newborn to size 14 for girls; newborn to size 8 for boys.
3801 Magazine St.
The Shops at Canal Place
333 Canal St., First Level
Lakeside Shopping Center
3301 Veterans Blvd.,
Noted artist Mignon Faget creates designs representing nature and architecture. Faget creates unique gifts for the home and baby.
1036 Royal St.
(504) 529-4913www.nadineblake.comA unique shop born from a love of decoration, travel and collecting. Offers a stylish mix of new and vintage home accessories.
Ogden Museum of Southern Art /University of New Orleans
925 Camp St.
(504) 539-9602www.ogdenmuseum.orgFor the perfect gift or home accessory, visit the Ogden’s museum store — music CDs, books, posters and Ogden T-shirts and hats — and the Center for Southern Craft and Design, which features objects made of glass, metal, wood and clay, as well as jewelry by artisans from all over the South.
3905 Magazine St.
Eclectic gift shop that specializes in unique and enticing gifts for the home, individual and bride. Collection includes antiques to accessories.
5430 Magazine St.
Jewelry, hardware, home furnishings and gifts with an emphasis on great design.
Waldhorn & Adler’s
343 Royal St.
(504) 581-6379www.adlersjewelry.comSince 1881, Waldhorn & Adler’s has offered fine antique furniture, porcelain, silver, antique and estate jewelry and watches from our store at the corner of Royal and Conti streets in the historic French Quarter of New Orleans.
Accurate Auto, Commercial and Residential Glass
1616 L & A Road,
An auto glass company
that services the North
and South, specializing
in commercial and residential glass.
4121 Freret St.
Brottworks designs, fabricates and installs custom art, glass creations, chandeliers, sculptures and is a UL-licensed company. Andrew Brott’s work is highly sought after by collectors all over the U.S.
Dependable Glass Works
509 E. Gibson,
Fabricators of glass and mirrors. Custom shower enclosures, vanities, glass stairs, shelving and tabletops. Hurricane Safety Plus II Glass for windows and storefront exteriors.
8357 Jeannette St.
Lisa Tahir works with clients to translate their ideas and designs into one-of-a-kind cast, cut or blown glass that she fabricates and installs. Clients include private residences and the Hilton Hotel.
Lizano’s Glass Haus
3400 Cleary Ave., Suite B,
Custom designs in glass. Traditional stained glass as well as fused-glass pieces. Home décor, extensive gift line. Holiday ornaments and gifts available.
3000 Royal St.
Studio Inferno is a cast-glass studio and artist space. Inferno’s production line includes fleurs-de-lis and New Orleans water meters. Also does custom work.
Home Audio and Visual
3506 Severn Ave.,
Resell and install home theaters, multi-room music and security solutions for residential and commercial spaces.
Off the Wall Audio/Video
2318 David Drive,
(504) 835-7672www.offthewallav.comAn innovative home entertainment and electronics company designed to meet all of your electronics needs.
Bellanoche Bedding and Sleepware
3632 Magazine St.
Expanded location offers fine linens, luxurious down comforters, decorative pillows, throws, furniture and flooring, accessories and more.
3806 Magazine St.
(800) 876-4799www.leontinelinens.comLeontine Linens creates luxurious couture products for the bed, bath and table. Each piece is made to reflect the client’s décor and complement his or her lifestyle.
The Linen Registry
204 Metairie Road,
Sells linens for the bed, bath and table. Also available are down products, lingerie and gift items. Bridal registry is available.
Susan Dunn Interiors
112 Founders Drive,
Home-based business, sewing all your home and commercial needs for design. Linens and bridal items available.
Bokaei Rug Gallery
2727 Causeway Blvd.,
Oriental rugs in many varieties. Contemporary, transitional and traditional rugs.
Maximilian’s International Showroom
8600 Oak St.
More than 3,000 stocked Oriental rug designs that can be ordered in various sizes. From machine-woven Oriental styles to the highest quality Savonneries.
New Orleans Fine Rugs
6117 Magazine St.
(504) 899-1595www.neworleansfinerugs.comAn upscale, full-service gallery focusing on high quality and customer service. The store has rugs for every need and to fit every budget. Also offers free on-site consultations.
3944 Magazine St.
The South’s most exquisite collection of hand-woven carpets including antique Oushaks and traditional Persians and an exclusive line of Tibetan and Afghan refugee rugs.
3704 Robertson St.
Provides customers with quality cleaning services –– area rug cleaning, drapery cleaning, upholstery and carpet cleaning. Plus they clean beaded gowns, furs and leathers.
4213 Chartres St.
(504) 944-0447www.flavorpaper.comFlavor Paper produces the finest and funkiest hand-screened wallpaper available right in the Bywater. Ink colors, grounds and patterns are fully customizable.
CK & Kennedy Fine Interiors
113 N. Oak St.,
Our on-site workroom constructs fine custom drapery and window treatments and reupholsters from a selection of luxurious fabrics. Services include personal and unique interior design.
With beautiful home décor; plantation shades; and unique blinds, draperies and bedding, let Exquisite Coverings make your home stunning all year long.
Godwin’s Drapery and Shutters
Maintains and installs custom window treatments and exterior shutters.
Peyroux’s Custom Curtains
2929 Jefferson Highway,
Beautiful ready-made curtains in stock –– ready to hang today. Custom shades, trims and hardware available. Everything is fabricated in the workroom on site; custom orders
3300 Magazine St.
A family-owned, full-service decorating store. Specializes in window treatments, upholstery, slipcovers and custom furniture, with more than 300 types of fabric in stock. Also has rugs, light furniture and accessories.
9401 Jefferson Highway,
Specialize in all types of custom window treatments: draperies, Roman and balloon shades, blinds and shutters. Designed and customized for each individual client.
Wren’s Tontine Shade & Design
1533 Prytania St.
(504) 525-7409www.wrenstontine.comThird-generation decorating shop that specializes in window treatments. Well-known for the high-quality shutters, roller shades and bamboo shades. •