’Tis The Holiday Card Season
Can we get a minute to recover from Halloween? Nope. The holiday cards are coming! In my humble experience, it’s best to get in front of these labors of love before you’re too deep into November. If you get them ordered now, addressed next week and put aside until after Thanksgiving, you won’t regret it.
There are so many distinct types of holiday cards to send these days. Each seemingly with the mission of conveying “who you are” as a family/person, and the add-on options are what really set you apart. Are you a hand addressed, foil press, photo insert kind of person? Or a witty, NOLA-themed type who doesn’t take themselves too seriously? I’ll let you take a few minutes to reflect on that and conjure up your own combination! Personally, I love to receive customized family photocards from friends to see how their families grow and change each year. I arrange them all along my fireplace mantle and am reminded of how each of them has affected my life. But then again, I also love an off-color, funny card with a handwritten note inside. Luckily, you can combine any of these options in whichever way you like. Whether you get it done in person or online with places like Betty Hunley, Scriptura, Paper N Things and Gem Printing; or decided to just grab packs of cards while gift shopping at places like The Collective Shop, Lionheart Prints, Home Malone and Judy at the Rink, I hope you keep it fun.
1.Streetcar Holiday Card, Scriptura
2. Hannukah Card, Betty Hunley
3. 1845 Map of New Orleans Card, Scriptura (ALL CAN BE PERSONALIZED)
4. Santa Craws Card, Sassy Banana Designs
5. Alcohol card on recycled paper, The Collective Shop
6. Mermen Card, Judy at the Rink
7. Joy & Peace photo card, Gem Printing
8. Merry & Bright photo cards, Artifact Uprising
9. Red Frame photo card, Betty Hunley
10. No Place like Home, Lionheart Prints
11. Challah Back, Lionheart Prints
12. Hanging with You on recycled paper, Collective Shop
13. Joyeux Noel, Home Malone