NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Toups South, Chef Isaac Toups’ Central City dining destination for Southern regional cuisine, is inviting guests to delve deep into the wines of America with the restaurant’s newly expanded wine program. Each month, imbibers and aspiring oenophiles are welcome to sip deeply discounted bottles from a rotating selection of wines curated by sommelier Thea Sasseen.
Since coming on board earlier this year, Sasseen has revamped the wine program at Toups South to focus on an entirely domestic wine list highlighting small producers throughout the country. Guests looking to up their wine game can enjoy a selection of discounted bottles all day every Monday and during Happy Hour, 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. Bottles are available in the bar only.
- July – Baller Bubbles & Crack (deep discounts on sparkling wine and Champagne, all served with a full order of cracklins)
- August – Italian White Wine Varietals in America
- September – Chillable American Red Wines (Carbonic & Natural Domestic Reds)
- October – A Study in American Chardonnay
- November – American “Food Wines” (traditional food-friendly pairing wines)
- December – Celebratory Wines (American sparkling and high-end American reds)
Guests can also enjoy discounted $5 wines-by-the-glass during Happy Hour and $25 select bottles on Wine Wednesdays (WW).
Toups South is located inside of the Southern Food & Beverage Museum at 1504 Oretha Castle Haley Boulevard in New Orleans. The restaurant serves lunch daily from 11AM–3PM; dinner Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 5PM–9PM, Friday–Saturday 5PM–10PM; Sunday brunch 10AM–3PM; Happy Hour Monday–Saturday 3PM–6PM at the bar. CLOSED TUESDAYS. For more information, please call (504) 304-2147 or visit www.toupssouth.com