Treats For All Ages
Halloween treats and candy are not just for kids. It’s true you will probably need to buy candy combo packs for your child’s classroom or stock up for trick-or-treaters, but what are you doing for yourself? Where can you go to “celebrate” the flavors of fall and have your own private snack party? What should you, the adult, set your sights on? You don’t want to waste those empty calories on just any old orange cupcake. I checked in with a few local sweet specialists to get the scoop on the yummiest à la carte goodies to snarf down before Nov. 1. Whether you eat them alone in your car (no judgments) or hide them from your husband in the fruit bin, get out there and make those calories count!
- Sprinkled Bundt Cake
Maple Street Patisserie – 7638 Maple St.
- Almond Joy Bites – Vegan and Gluten Free
- Halloween-decorated RiceKrispy Treat (available at all locations)
Gracious Bakery – 4930 Prytania St.
- Sweet Potato Cupcake (topped with house made cream cheese buttercream icing)
The Cupcake Collection– 2917 Magazine St., Suite 102
- Pumpkin Pie (with gluten free crust)
- Pumpkin Spiced Latte Donut
District Donuts – 527 Harrison Ave. & 5637 Magazine St.
- Halloween Petit Fours
Chez Pierre – 3414 Veterans Blvd.
- Stuffed Éclair (Pumpkin)
Breads on Oak – 222 Carondelet St. & 8640 Oak St.
- Carrot Cake Cupcake (with cream cheese frosting)
Bittersweet Confections – 725 Magazine St.