What’s Hot: Beauty
There is no time like the first of the year to turn over a fresh new leaf and give your beauty routine some much deserved TLC. Keep rejuvenation at the top of your mind by incorporating a few restorative and repairing products into your beauty routine.
1. Put your best face forward by using a Rose Quartz facial roller from Slow North to massage the lymphatic system and improve firmness, circulation and fine lines. Home Malone, 629 N. Carrollton Ave., 324-8352, HomeMaloneNola.com.
2. While ordinary cotton pillowcases pull skincare products away from your skin, Slip silk pillowcases keep your face moisturized and protected while you slumber. The Spa at Windsor Court, 300 Gravier St., 523-6000, WindsorCourtHotel.com.
3. Do not dismiss your tresses. The Living Proof Restoring Mask will add healthy shine and help deep condition and repair damaged hair from the root. Bleu A Blowdry Bar, 701 Metairie Road, 309-5999; 5228 Magazine St., 325-5625, BleuABlowdryBar.com.
4. Achieve results while you rest. AlphaRet Overnight Cream is a combo of an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and a retinoid that provides visible skin rejuvenation with little-to-no irritation. Chronos Body Health and Wellness, 3200 N. Arnoult Road, 267-4549, ChronosBHW.com.
5. The ideal post-shower meets pre-bed ritual, the Mediterranean algae extract in Fine Peace Body Serum helps repair UVA/UVB and pollution-induced damage to the skin. HEALER, ShopHealer.com.
6. Dash away fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin tone and texture with the all-in-one TNS Essential Serum from SkinMedica. Dr. Sean Weiss Facial Plastic Surgery, 2201 Veterans Memorial Blvd., 814-3223, SeanWeissMD.com.
7. Suffering from unsightly skin discoloration? Massage in some moisturizing dabs of Sénica Blemish Balm. Belladonna. 2900 Magazine St., 891-4393, BelladonnaDaySpa.com.
8. Ward off the aging effects of free radicals by popping a once-a-day oral dietary supplement like Heliocare. The Skin Surgery Centre, 1615 Metairie Road, 644-4226, TheSkinSurgeryCentre.com.