Check out photos from our recent events.
What’s Hot for Home Furnishings
This fall, home furnishings are putting an au naturel twist on modern shapes and décor. Melding organic materials with sleek exteriors, the results from designers are truly unique, and adding even one piece to your living or dining room ensures your home will be the one to which friends are clamoring to be invited.
1. Interior Designs is the place to go for interesting organic yet elegant accessories, with one-of-a-kind furnishings inspired by nature. These petrified wood tables add rustic touch to modern décor, and their neutral color ensures they match everything. Interior Designs, 3814 Magazine St., 895-5111.
2. The easiest way to update your furnishings? Save your budget and sanity by buying throw pillows instead of new sofas and chairs. These suede pillows from Probst Decorating transition seamlessly from living room to bedroom, and their stark design and colors recall the chillier months of the year. Probst Decorating, 3300 Magazine St., 895-2094.
3. Amidst the Mad Men-era minimalist appointments of Cameron Jones for your Home rest beautiful wall furnishings that take their cues from the forest, like this copper “Gingko” clock. Cameron Jones for your Home, 2127 Magazine St., 524-3119.
4. Even the little ones can get in on the earth-friendly fun this season, as home furnishing for children has gone from cutesy to upscale. The Baby’s Room stocks furniture pretty enough to be displayed outside of your child’s haven, like rocking horses in rich wood tones. The Baby’s Room, 1217 N. Causeway Blvd., 834-3119.
5. With its clean lines and unexpected color, The Shop of the Two Sisters has found the perfect update to your living room, making this tall Beachwood cabinet the new statement piece for home. The Shop of the Two Sisters, 1800 Magazine St., 5252747.