Check out photos from our recent events.
What's Hot: Home Décor
In New Orleans we approach our home decor just as we approach dressing, celebrating and festing– more is more. If you plan to give your home a refresh for spring, consider incorporating pieces that have dynamic details in texture, print and quirkiness.
1. The five-tiered Aloha fringe chandelier with brushed brass detail is a fanciful conversation piece for any room. Anthropologie, Canal Place, 333 Canal St., 592-9972, Anthropologie.com.
2. A side table is turned into a showpiece to flock to thanks to a team of golden flamingos proudly propping up the glass top. Z Gallerie, Lakeside Shopping Center, 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd., 249-7938, ZGallerie.com.
3. The sheerness, scalloped sides and blossom embroidery on the Olivia curtain panels from Bella Notte is a lovely way to let the light in. Sold individually. Relish, 600 Metairie Road, 309-3336, RelishNewOrleans.com.
4. For your next jambalaya party, impress guests with an over-sized, hand-crafted ceramic oyster serving spoon. Home Malone, 629 N. Carrollton Ave., 324-8352, HomeMaloneNola.com.
5. Give a flat Roman Shade extra personality with a chic and eclectic print that’s lined and interlined in blackout to darken a room and keep the true color of the fabric. Wren’s Tontine Shade and Design, 1533 Prytania St., 525-7409, WrensTontine.com.
6. The mix of marble rectangle panels paired with brass gives the Alabaster light fixture dimension and style. Elan Studio Design, 1509 Metairie Road, 267-2792, ElanStudioDesign.com.
7. Toast your love of bottled poetry with the mixed media piece “Soft Still Life” by Mary Hong. Shard Shop, 3138 Magazine St., 309-2581, ShardShop.com/Nola.
8. Even a cozy day at home is an artistic interlude when relaxing beneath a lush blanket featuring an exclusive view of New Orleans; ca. 1851 from the archive of THNOC. The Historic New Orleans Collection (The Shop), 533 Royal St., 523-4662, HNOC.org.
9. Pretty pulls add instant style points to a three-door credenza finished in alabaster and featuring mother-of-pearl inlay backplates. Eclectic Home, 8211 Oak St., 866-6654, EclecticHome.net.