NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Windsor Court is home to many merry holiday happenings, from seasonally-themed afternoon teas and a four-course Réveillon feast, to a Christmas menu fit for a queen. The lowest room rates of the season pair with the festive feasts and holiday celebrations to create the ultimate Southern winter wonderland.
The holiday spirit comes alive in November as the hotel’s décor, led by the designers at Dunn and Sonnier, takes on the seasonal splendor, featuring a 19 1/2-foot Christmas tree boasting more than 25,000 white lights and a classic toy train around the base. An additional 10 trees adorned with more than 3,000 ornaments are on display throughout the hotel, while six-foot magnolia wreaths hang in the main lobby windows and over 1,500 feet of gold magnolia garland drape throughout the rest of the hotel. A Letters for Santa mailbox will once again complement the lobby décor, and the hotel is encouraging guests and locals of all ages to visit the hotel to drop off their gift wish lists and messages for the North Pole.
Papa Noel Room Rates
The holidays are the ideal time for visitors to save while enjoying the accommodations and amenities of Windsor Court. Guests who book their stay now through December 30, 2020 using the Papa Noel offer will receive up to 20 percent off the best available rate.
Holiday Tea in Le Salon
From November 27 to December 31, this centerpiece of the New Orleans holiday season continues to be a community tradition. On the busiest days of the season, Le Salon serves 325 to 400 guests.
- $69.03, inclusive of tax and gratuity per adult
- $49.12, inclusive of tax and gratuity per child
- Seatings available between 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Service includes a properly brewed pot of tea, a glass of sherry, sparkling wine or specialty cocktail, an enchanting selection of English Tea Sandwiches, Seasonal Scones with Clotted Cream and a final course of Gourmet Desserts
- Reservations are required and can be made by calling (504) 596-4773 or visiting windsorcourthotel.com/holiday-tea/
Festive Feasts in The Grill Room
The hotel’s culinary team has created prix fixe menus for Thanksgiving, Réveillon, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Reservations can be made by calling (504) 522-1994. All menus are available online at http://wchmenus.com/grill-room/.
- $100 per person, plus tax and gratuity; optional $45 four-course wine pairing
- Four-course lunch menu
- Served November 26, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Menu options include Crispy Quail with Cheddar Grits, Roasted Sweet Potato Bisque with Cane Glazed Pork Belly, Turkey Roulade with Apple Cider Gravy, Cornbread Dressing and Garlic Potato Puree, and Apple Napoleon with Frangelico Mascarpone Chantilly and Caramel Hazelnut Brittle
- Three-course Children’s Menu available for $32 per child, plus tax and gratuity
- Réveillon Dinner
- $50 per person, plus tax and gratuity; optional $45 four-course wine pairing
- Four courses
- Served nightly throughout December, 5-9 p.m., excluding December 24, 25 and 31
- A French and Creole tradition from the 1800s, Réveillon (meaning “awakening”) stems from the custom of having a large family dinner following Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve
- Menu options include Pan Seared Diver Scallop with Carnaroli Risotto and Black Winter Truffles, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Wild Boar Chorizo, Painted Hills Striploin with Port Wine Sauce and White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- $110 per person, plus tax and gratuity; optional $65 four-course wine pairing
- Four courses
- Served December 24, 5-9 p.m., and December 25, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Menu options include Slow Braised Pork Belly with Apple Relish, Parsnip Soup with Crispy Collard Greens, Sea Bass with Pappardelle Pasta and Bûche de Noël with Eggnog Crème, Caramel and Gingerbread
- $32 per child, plus tax and gratuity
Wishes, Dreams, Memories
Visitors are invited to make the most of their holiday memories with the hotel’s special Windsor Wishes tree in the lobby. Guests can write their wishes or dreams on one of the hotel’s complimentary ornaments, hang it on the tree, and then snap and post a photo to social media, tagging @WindsorCourt with the #WindsorWishes hashtag. The hotel will share and repost their favorites.