As the Greater New Orleans region begins to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, the Junior League of New Orleans (JLNO) continues to prepare a new leadership training opportunity to empower both League members and women across our community. The goal of the Women’s Leadership Summit (WLS) is to create a platform for conversation, learning and relationship building. That vision is now more urgent and necessary than ever before.
WLS committee chairs and members continue to evolve the format and structure of this inaugural event: staying flexible to ensure all health regulations and precautions are fully implemented. While the Summit is moving forward as originally planned — a one-day event on Tuesday, October 20 at the downtown Sheraton New Orleans Hotel — organizers will ensure there is a virtual component for WLS as well. Additionally, there will be scholarship opportunities available to ensure broad participation from across the Greater New Orleans community.
In addition to making necessary health and safety updates, the WLS Committee is actively scheduling an exciting program including:
· Keynote address by philanthropist and community champion Phyllis Taylor. A celebrated local business woman, Mrs. Taylor provided the initial seed funding for the Taylor Opportunity Scholarship (TOPS), Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy and numerous other educational and community assets across Louisiana
· Three program tracks focused on Investing in Your Career, Investing in Your Community, and Investing in You
· Diverse panels and topics addressing the pressing recovery issues and ongoing opportunities for women’s leadership
· WE Fellowship pitch competition and women’s entrepreneurship panel
· Vendor marketplace highlighting small businesses
· Opportunities for JLNO Training and Volunteer Credits including full Money to Mission credit and 4 training credits
· Continuing Education credits for various professions
· A raffle for a chance to win seven days at The Grand Mayan Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico for up to 8 people
JLNO looks forward to promoting WLS speakers and engagement opportunities through our social media channels as the Summit lineup continues to take shape. For more information on getting involved in WLS or opportunities for sponsorship, visit www.jlno.org/wls.
Women’s Leadership Summit FAQs
When is the WLS?
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Where is WLS?
Sheraton New Orleans, 500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Who can attend WLS?
All are welcome – women, men, League and non-League members
How do I register?
To purchase tickets, click here
Is there early bird pricing?
Yes. The first 50 registrants with save $25.
Can I apply for a sponsorship?
Yes. Sponsorship deadlines are August 15th. For more details, click here by August 15th and save!