The Christmas and New Years season is hands down the most popular time for a couple to get engaged. Between the spirit of Christmas and the glitz and glam of new beginnings,
it’s a time of year primed for romance.
But once the holiday shimmer has faded and you’re engaged, what’s next? Starting the process of planning a wedding can be stressful and overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be.
We have a few helpful tips to kick your new year and new planning into high gear.
1. Breathe. Take in the moment. Consider a nice dinner or relaxing night to celebrate. You're going to marry your best friend and live happily ever after.
2. Look for bridal shows in your area. In the greater New Orleans area, New Orleans Bride is hosting its first bridal show of 2017, Jan. 11 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. Bridal shows are a great way to meet a variety of vendors for every aspect of your wedding. Gathering information and sorting through all of the photos you took and vendors you met will help you in figuring out what direction you'd like to take your wedding.
3. Lock down your bridal party. This is key considering they are supposed to help the bride and groom in whatever capacity they are needed. Your maids or maid of honor may have suggestions or referrals to certain vendors in the area. They will also take the pressure off of you and help you de-stress throughout the process.
4. Organization is key. We always suggest creating a binder or notebook system to ensure all of the business cards, brochures or other items gathered from vendors is safely tucked away in a designated area. This is also good to house any inspiration ideas or photos and things to convey your wants or ideas to your wedding professionals. The New Orleans Bride wedding checklist is also a helpful tool.
5. Bridal magazines. Not only is this a good way to gain ideas and inspiration for your own nuptials, but it's also fun and can act as a girls night activity. Magazines, like New Orleans Bride, will have vendor information, staged photo shoots from real vendors, real weddings and more. These items offer couples a great resource and guide to plan their perfect wedding. Gather up all of your favorite wedding magazines at the bookstore and soak up that inspiration!
It's important to remember why you are planning this lavish event – for you and your future Mr. or Mrs. Make sure to have fun with it and remember that it will all work out in the end.
Make sure to snag your ticket to the New Orleans Bride bridal show. Tickets and additional information can be found here.