Holiday cocktails are calling our names, and right about now we are dreaming of hot toddy’s, whimsical cocktails and seasonal wines. It’s time to trim the tree, hang the mistletoe and get creative about our festive holiday drinks. Like the rest of the world, we’re all limiting our social activities and cutting back on the guest list – even though many of us are itching to be with our friends and family members. While the pandemic has changed our lives, we contend that the holidays can still be merry. After all, glorious Christmas cocktails get you through just about anything.
Here are a few cocktail recipes for drinks you can make at home for yourself, or for a small group. Have a happy, jolly Christmas and keep the spirits rolling.
- 2 oz scotch
- .5 oz cynar
- .5 oz mezcal
- 3 dashes angostura
- With ice, shake together scotch, cynar liqueur, Mezcal and three dashes of bitters.
- Pour into glass and sip this seasonal drink with care.
Spiked Hot Chocolate
- Hot chocolate
- 2 ounces of bourbon, rye whiskey or rum
- Marshmallows for garnish
- Make hot chocolate, as you prefer it.
- Add bourbon, rye whiskey or rum to mix.
- Serve with toasted marshmallows for the full ‘winter’ experience.
- Tropical punch of your choice
- 2 ounces of vodka
- Seltzer water
- Rainbow sorbet
- Mix punch and vodka in a shaker tin.
- Add ice and shake until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Strain the spiked juice into a glass and top off with a splash of seltzer water.
- Float a scoop of rainbow sorbet on top and let melt.
While we can’t fix the world right now, but we can help inspire you to make cocktails at home. These are just a few ideas to keep you sane during these seemingly uncertain times. Cheers!